Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ephemeral Eternity

Last night I had a dream. About you and me. I like dreams because they are unexpected, and nothing makes sense. Everything seems to come out of random memories. But there are times when you don't care whether it's real or not. You're just there, and you're happy. Happy with something that could be an alternate ending of your tiny life. And so, there I was. In front of you, stoned by your very presence. I tried to touch your lips, but I couldn't. I tried to reach your cheeks, but my hand just wandered in the emptiness that separated you from me. You were so close, yet so far away. I was happy, but no happiness lasts for long. Bittersweet awakening.

"I do not believe that I am now dreaming, but I cannot prove that I am not."

K.

0 comments:

Post a Comment