Monday, February 22, 2010

"Why don't you have anything to drink? Choose one making you better feeling!"

Today is a day in which things happen and I remember them for the rest of my life. Or at least, for the next few years. Today, I've decided to swallow my Pride. Flush it through the shit pot. I acknowledge defeat because this can't keep on going as the way it is. This shall be the written resignation of my Pride. This is it: the only written proof.

Back to where it all started: I have been already "defeated" once by the chinks in my ESL115 class. I got a 8/10 on an activity and a remarkable side-note saying "Nice try". And, as you can imagine, a big percentage of these chinks got either 9/10, or full score. Anyway, today I got back my first essay, which is like a diagnostic paper. Grade: a plain "A". Two other chinks got an "A+". Most of the class got "As", so I guess that makes me like an average student... among chinks. Some of them got "Bs", but that's out of my "jurisdiction", and I'm not going to talk, or make comments about it. However, I AM going to write about what happened to me AFTERWARD. Janice, my ESL instructor, wrote down several awkward thesis statements from different students in the class, and handed a copy to each student.

Here's a few examples of what I call "WHAT THE FUCK sentences":

- "There is no doubt that people get panic to the terrorism easily. Getting afraid of the dangers happen without any warns before head is natural reaction of human beings."

- "Terrorism is almost impossible to identify causes and doubtful about the presence of defense."

- "Though the world seems develops in a peaceful atmosphere, there exist many potential dangers around us...."

Had enough? Well, these are my favorites:

- "When people meet terrorism unluckily what should they and police do to deal with terrorism has."

- "Those whose life should not be affected by the terrorism will have a shadow deep inside."

As Janice wrote the first thesis on the board so that we could analyze it, I smiled. I had a bloody smirk on my face. An 'almost-evil' grin. I felt bad, but SHIT I couldn't control myself. It was fucking hilarious. I smiled wider and wider as I re-read the thesis. Even Janice seemed at the edge of a big "LMAO", but she contained herself. I guess she didn't want to disrespect the student who wrote it. So, as she was trying to hold her laughter, she looked at me and said "Chris, are you smiling???". Fuck! Damn you CUNT! Don't just "ACCUSE" me of something that you were about to commit. And I was like "nnggg... hehhh.... no....". I felt bad. I felt sorry for the student, but it also felt good. It was fucking funny, and I felt like "THE" insensitive motherfucker of the class.

This is a first, I think. The first time in this class that something's funny to me. I've never thought it would happen. I never saw it coming.

Overall, the day was exceptional. More funny things happened in CS105 and MATH220, but I'm just too lazy and too tired to keep on writing.

C.

------------



L.

0 comments:

Post a Comment